Online Privacy Notice
Effective Date: January 3rd, 2020
Your privacy is important to us. We provide this notice to you to explain how we collect information from you, how it is used, how it is shared, and the choices you can make about the way the information obtained through this website is collected and used.
"Equipment" means the chassis or other equipment available for rent from our Site.
"Guest" means an individual who searches and reserves Equipment on our Site without being a Member.
"Member" means an individual who has registered on the Site.
"Member ID" means the e-mail address or username Members use (with their password) to log into our Site.
"Chassis Finder", "us", "our" or "we" means Chassis Finder, LLC.
"Session Data" means IP addresses, usage information, such as the type of Internet browser and operating system an individual uses, the domain name of the site from which the individual came, the date, time and duration of the individual’s visit, the number of visits to our Site, the pages viewed and the number of cookies accumulated, and, in the case of the ChassisFinder mobile site and applications, also means the unique identifier of an individual’s mobile device, the type of mobile device the individual uses and the application version.
"Site" means the www.ChassisFinder.com site, the m.ChassisFinder.com mobile site or the ChassisFinder mobile applications and their respective sub sites together with the respective content, Equipment available from these sites/applications or sub sites.return to top
Information We Collect Online
When you are just visiting, you can visit certain areas of our Site without revealing who you are or logging into our Site. The list below outlines the categories of information about you that we collect, where we obtain that information and how we use such information.
When you visit our Site as a Guest or Member, we collect Session Data through cookies and pixel tags. We use Session Data, collected through cookies and pixel tags, to better understand how our Site is navigated, how many visitors arrive at specific pages, the length and frequency of stays at our Site, the variety of searches of our Site’s database, the types of browsers and computer operating systems used by our visitors and the Internet Protocol addresses from which visitors connect to our Site. We also use this information to improve our Site’s content and ease of use, to personalize and improve your individual viewing experiences on our Site and provide information that may be of interest to you. We obtain this information from the following sources: you, analytics providers, cookies and tracking technologies, our affiliates.
Additionally, when you visit a third party site on which we advertise and click through our advertisement, we may place cookies on your computer or use pixel tags. The information that we collect through this technology is not Personal Information.
We collect IP addresses of devices accessing our services in our server logs, as well as information like internet domains, the date and time of a visit, and the pages accessed on the Site. If applicable, we store this information as a verification of your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Equipment rental and leasing agreements and verification of online payments. This information is also used for diagnostic and analytic purposes in order to improve the services we provide.
When using the ChassisFinder mobile site or applications, you may search for Equipment in the area in which you are located. If you choose to do so, depending on the mobile device or application you are using and mobile device settings, we may collect your geo-location information to search for the applicable Equipment or to personalize and improve your individual viewing experiences on our Site and provide information that may be of interest to you. You may at any time disable our collection and use of your location information by turning location services off at the device level. We collect this information from you and your mobile device.
Contact and Member Registration Information
If you choose to use our E-mail Your Booking Confirmation feature, we will send the individual(s) you identify an e-mail with the applicable information. We store the name and e-mail address of such individuals for your use in future bookings. We will send your booking confirmation that may contain your name and email address to the applicable depot or other service provider where delivery of the Equipment will take place.
When we send e-mails or e-newsletters, we may insert a pixel tag in the e-mail. We use pixel tags to monitor the open rate of our communications. This helps us understand the effectiveness of communications we send. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
If you use a “tell-a-friend” tool (or similar feature) that allows you to send information to another person, we will send that person an e-mail containing the applicable information. We do not permanently store the name or e-mail address of such individuals.
Financial and Transactional Information
The applicable Equipment provider may approve you for payment directly to the Equipment provider or otherwise, you must prepay through PayPal. When you reserve Equipment as a Member and make a payment via PayPal, all credit card information is currently handled by and stored on the servers of PayPal. Therefore, you are also bound by the terms and conditions of PayPal.
Research or Survey Information
From time to time, we may invite you to participate in a survey or a focus group. You are free to participate or not. We will collect the responses you provide and will make them anonymous by aggregating them with those of other participants. When you participate in surveys or focus groups, your participation and responses will be kept confidential and will not be shared with third parties without your permission, except with our service providers.
Other Information You Provide
If you use a bulletin board, blog or chat room on our Site, you should be aware that any Personal Information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums. If you wish to request the removal of your Personal Information from our blog, you can do so by contacting us as indicated in the Contact Information section below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Customer Service Information
When you call or submit a request for help or feedback, we collect contact information, including, for example, name, phone number, e-mail or mailing address, and information about the relevant reservation as necessary to assist you. For example, if you call for assistance with a pre-existing reservation or to reserve Equipment, we may request your name, contact information and payment and billing information.
Aggregated information is information recorded in any form about more than one individual, where the identity of the individual is not known and cannot be inferred from the information. We may use aggregated information to describe our user base to current or potential partners, investors and advertisers; after a survey, to understand and respond to market needs and preferences; or to make recommendations to other users of our Site. For example, if users of our Site who have used a particular Equipment provider and told us that they had positive experiences with that company, we might recommend that Equipment provider. We may use aggregated information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors, in our discretion.
We use Personal Information in order to provide and enhance your experience on the Site and the offerings on the Site:
- To record your booking preferences, make reservations or to communicate with you about your chassis and other equipment needs;
- To issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments;
- To provide tips or guidance on how to use our Site, inform you of new features on our Site or provide other information that may be of interest to users;
- To personalize the service we provide to you, tailor your experience at our Site to your interests and make more appropriate chassis and other equipment recommendations;
- To send you e-mails, e-newsletters, personalized offers via direct messaging or other communications about our services, if you have subscribed to receive this information or you have not advised us that you do not wish to receive such communications;
- To manage our Site, diagnose technical problems, improve content and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our Site is as efficient as possible;
- To process and track your transactions and to send you information about our and our affiliates’ and business partners’ products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you;
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or provide Equipment, or those of companies with which we have a commercial relationship, but only if you have granted us permission to do so or we are otherwise able to do so under applicable law;
- To investigate, detect and protect ChassisFinder and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
- To effect a corporate transaction in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
- To audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
Like most commercial websites, our Site uses a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information regarding how site consumers utilize the Site. Cookies and local storage are data files placed within a browser on your device when the device is used to visit the Site. These technologies store a unique identifier for your device that can be used to recognize your device whenever you visit the Site, and may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, to evaluate and improve the functionality of our Site, to help us deliver content specific to your interests, and to improve browsing experience by preserving information so users will not have to re-enter it for each visit. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can block them by adjusting the settings on your Internet browser. If you choose to disable cookies on your device, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site, including features associated with creating a user profile or making an online booking if and when such functionality becomes available.
return to top
How we retain and store Personal Information
My Leases and My Account. If you are a Member, we store your Personal Information in My Leases and My Account. You can access My Leases and My Account from the home page of our Site, after logging onto our Site. My Leases contains information about your current, canceled or past leases. My Account contains your name, e-mail address, e-mail and password settings, and location from which you normally book. It may also contain other information so that you do not need to re-enter it each time you reserve a Product or Service. For example, You can access, modify or close your account under Settings on the Home page.
Third Parties’ Personal Information. We will retain in your My Account, the Personal Information of individuals for whom you have made reservations or to whom we have sent ChassisFinder
Notifications on your behalf.
return to top
Your Choices and Rights
We endeavor to ensure that Personal Information is as accurate, complete and current as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. We encourage you to visit Settings to review your Personal Information. You can access your Personal Information in My Account and update it or delete inaccuracies, as necessary. For example, you can change at any time your e-mail address or your preferences
Chassis Finder may from time to time monitor and review any information transmitted or received through our Site, or through telephone or e-mail communications, for quality assurance and other purposes. We reserve the right to censor, edit, remove or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information that Chassis Finder deems inappropriate or in violation of our Terms and Conditions. During monitoring the information may be examined, recorded or copied.
return to top
“Do Not Track” Signals
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (DNT) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Our Site does currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
Protection of Personal Information
We employ the following data security tools to protect Personal Information:
- In certain areas of the Site, ChassisFinder uses industry standard SSL encryption to enhance the security of data transmissions.
- Account information is password protected.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to Personal Information to select ChassisFinder employees and third-party contractors who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Unfortunately, even with these measures, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information. By using our Site, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee, and that you use our Site at your own risk.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
- Service Providers. We may share the Personal Information that we collect with third parties that perform functions on our behalf and our affiliate companies to provide analytics and Site usage information; process transactions and payments; to provide marketing and promotional assistance; and provide other services related to the operation of our business. When we share your Personal Information with our business partners and other authorized third-party service providers so that they can perform certain services on our behalf, these service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
- Third Parties in a Business Transaction. Finally, we may transfer Personal Information in connection with a corporate transaction, like a merger, investment, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation or sale of some or all of our asset or in connection with the Equipment you have leased or rented on the Site.
return to top
Your Rights Under California Law (For California Residents)
Beginning January 1, 2020, California residents may exercise certain privacy rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Your right to submit certain requests as a California resident are described below. Please note that when submitting a request, you will be asked to provide information to verify your identity, which may include providing your name, email, and company name and authority to make the request before action is taken. You may designate an authorized agent to make the requests below on your behalf. An authorized agent must submit proof to us that he or she has been authorized by you to act on your behalf, and you will need to verify your identity directly with us.
Right To Request More Information
(1) The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
(2) The categories of sources from which we have collected your Personal Information.
(3) The business or commercial purpose why we collected or, if applicable, sold your Personal Information.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information.
(5) The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
(6) The categories of Personal Information that we have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
(7) If applicable, the categories of Personal Information that we sold about you and the categories of third parties who received your personal information in the sale.
You may submit a request for the information above by calling us at 1-800-644-1604 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Right To Request Deletion Of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your request, we will let you know what, if any, Personal Information we can delete from our records, and we will direct any service providers with whom we shared your personal information to also delete your Personal Information from their records. There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your Personal Information or direct service providers to delete your Personal Information from their records. For example, if we need to:
(1) retain your Personal Information to complete a transaction or provide a good or service;
(2) detect security incidents;
(3) protect against unlawful activities;
(4) identify, debug or repair errors; or
(5) comply with a legal obligation.
You may submit a request to delete your Personal Information by calling us at 1-800-644-1604 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Selling of Personal Information We do not and will not sell your personal information to third parties. As such, there is no need to submit a request for us to not sell your personal information. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 1-800-644-1604 and email@example.com.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of California Resident’s Privacy Rights By exercising any of the above listed privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
return to top
Your Nevada Privacy Rights (For Nevada Residents)
We do not and will not sell your personal information to third parties. As such, there is no need to submit a request for us not to sell your personal information. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 1-800-644-1604 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
return to top