Effective January 1, 2013
- We will not collect Personal Information without your knowledge and permission;
- We will allow you to view, correct or modify your Personal Information; and
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the Personal Information we collect from you.
The remainder of this policy describes our Personal Information handling practices in detail.
- What Personal Information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- To whom we disclose Personal Information
- How we retain and store Personal Information
- How we protect Personal Information
- How to access, modify or close your account
- Contact Information
"Guest" means an individual who searches and Books Products or Services on our Site without being a Member.
"Member" means an individual who has registered on the Chassis Finder℠ site.
"Member ID" means the e-mail address or username Members use (with their password) to log into our Site.
“Chassis Finder”, “Chassis Finder℠”, “us”, “our” or “we” means Chassis Finder, LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
“Personal Information” means any information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred from the information. This includes, for example, name, e-mail and mailing address, telephone number, billing and account information and other information incidental to providing Products or Services.
“Products or Services” means the chassis leasing, credit processing, and liability insurance and other items available from our Site.
To “Book” means to reserve.
“Session Data” means usage information, such as the type of Internet browser and operating system an individual uses, the domain name of the site from which the individual came, the date, time and duration of the individual’s visit, the number of visits to our Site, the pages viewed and the number of cookies accumulated, and, in the case of the Chassis Finder℠ mobile site and applications, also means the unique identifier of an individual’s mobile device, the type of mobile device the individual uses and the application version.
“Site” means the www.ChassisFinder.com site, the m.ChassisFinder.com mobile site or the Chassis Finder℠ mobile applications and their respective sub sites together with the respective content, Products and Services available from these sites/applications or sub sites.
return to top
If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any Personal Information to us. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, or if you choose not to provide us with any required Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you Products or Services.
Minors (as defined under the laws of their jurisdiction or residence) are not eligible to register for, use or Book the Products or Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any Minor, and will not use this information if we discover that it has been provided by a Minor.
return to top
What Personal Information we collect
We collect only such information as necessary to provide Products and Services to you.
When you are just visiting
You can visit certain areas of our Site without revealing who you are or logging into our Site.
When you visit our Site as a Guest or Member, we collect Session Data through cookies and pixel tags.
When using the Chassis Finder℠ mobile site or applications, you may search for Products and Services in the area in which you are located. If you choose to do so, depending on the mobile device or application you are using, we may collect your geo-location information to search for the applicable Products and Services or to personalize and improve your individual viewing experiences on our Site and provide information that may be of interest to you. You may at any time disable our collection and use of your location information by turning location services off at the device level.
When you register as a Member
When you register with us as a Member, we collect Personal Information that is necessary to provide Products and Services. You must provide your name and e-mail address. You also must choose a password, which will be required to gain access to portions of our Site reserved for Member use. We might also request your home zip code.
You may elect to provide other information. Such information may include, for example, gender, activities and lifestyle preferences or preferred destinations.
When you Book Products or Services as a Member
When you Book Products or Services as a Member, you must provide payment and billing information and other information required by the chassis provider(s). Such information may include, for example, date of birth, gender, driver information or similar information. All credit card information is currently handled by and stored on the servers of PayPal. Therefore you are also bound by the Terms and Conditions of PayPal.
If you choose to use our E-mail Your Itinerary feature, we will send the individual(s) you identify a one-time e-mail with the applicable information. We do not permanently store the name or e-mail address of such individuals.
When you Book Products or Services for a third party
When you Book Products or Services for a third party using your Member ID and password, you must provide that third party's name and contact information, payment and billing information and other information required by the chassis service provider(s).
When you Book Products or Services as a Guest
When you Book Products or Services as a Guest, you must provide Personal Information required by the service provider(s). You must also provide an e-mail address so that we can send you our welcome e-mail and a confirmation of the booking. With the confirmation, we will provide you with a temporary password so that you can return to our Site if you wish to review information about the booking.
When you participate in a survey or a focus group
From time to time, we may invite you to participate in a survey or a focus group. You are free to participate or not. We will collect the responses you provide, and will make them anonymous by aggregating them with those of other participants. If you use a bulletin board, blog or chat room on our Site, you should be aware that any Personal Information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums. If you wish to request the removal of your Personal Information from our blog, you can do so by contacting us as indicated in Contact Information. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
When we advertise on third party sites
When you visit a site on which we advertise and click through our advertisement, we may place cookies on your computer or use pixel tags. The information that we collect through this technology is not personally identifiable.
When you call or write to our Customer Service
When you call or write to our Customer Service, we collect contact information, including, for example, name, phone number, e-mail or mailing address, and information about the relevant booking as necessary to assist you. For example, if you call for assistance with a pre-existing booking or to Book Products or Services, we may request your name, contact information and payment and billing information.
When we send e-mails or e-newsletters
When we send e-mails or e-newsletters, we may insert a pixel tag in the e-mail. If you choose to use our Forward to a Friend feature, we will send your friend(s) a one-time e-mail about the applicable information. We do not permanently store the name or e-mail address of such individuals.
Supplementation of Personal Information
In order to provide certain services to you, we may on occasion supplement the Personal Information you submitted to us with information from third party sources:
- Address Verification: If you Book Products or Services, we use third parties in order to verify your address information during the credit card authorization process.
- Enhancement of Profile Information: We obtain marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database, to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers for which we think you would be interested. To enrich our profiles of individual customers, we tie this information to the Personal Information you submitted to us.
return to top
How we use the information we collect
We use Personal Information in order to provide and enhance the Products or Services offered:
- To record your booking preferences, make reservations or acquire liability insurance on your behalf or communicate with you about your chassis needs;
- To issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments;
- To provide tips or guidance on how to use our Site, inform you of new features on our Site or provide other information that may be of interest to users;
- To personalize the service we provide to you, tailor your experience at our Site to your interests and make more appropriate chassis recommendations;
- To send you e-mails, e-newsletters, personalized offers via direct messaging or other communications about our services, if you have subscribed to receive this information or you have not advised us that you do not wish to receive such communications;
- To manage our Site, diagnose technical problems, improve content and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our Site is as efficient as possible;
- To process and track your transactions and to send you information about our and our affiliates’ and business partners’ products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you;
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or provide Chassis Finder℠ Products or Services, or those of companies with which we have a commercial relationship, but only if you have granted us permission to do so or we are otherwise able to do so under applicable law;
- To evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information;
- To investigate, detect and protect Chassis Finder℠ and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
- To effect a corporate transaction in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
- To audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
We use Session Data, collected through cookies and pixel tags, to better understand how our Site is navigated, how many visitors arrive at specific pages, the length and frequency of stays at our Site, the variety of searches of our Site’s database, the types of browsers and computer operating systems used by our visitors and the Internet Protocol addresses from which visitors connect to our Site.
We also use this information to improve our Site’s content and ease of use, to personalize and improve your individual viewing experiences on our Site and provide information that may be of interest to you.
We use pixel tags to monitor the open rate of our communications. This helps us understand the effectiveness of communications we send. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
Survey and Focus Groups
When you participate in surveys or focus groups, your participation and responses will be kept confidential and will not be shared with third parties without your permission, except with our service providers.
Aggregated information is information recorded in any form about more than one individual, where the identity of the individual is not known and cannot be inferred from the information. We may use aggregated information to describe our user base to current or potential partners, investors and advertisers; after a survey, to understand and respond to market needs and preferences; or to make recommendations to other users of our Site. For example, if users of our Site who have used a particular chassis provider and told us that they had positive experiences with that company, we might recommend that chassis provider.
What we do NOT do
We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, Member ID, password or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is our priority. For more information about phishing, you may want to visit the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt127.shtm
return to top
To whom we disclose Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- To those providers with which you make arrangements through our Site, for example chassis providers, credit card companies, credit bureaus, or liability insurance providers. We provide them with the Personal Information needed to make and complete the booking or reservation;
- To organizations that perform services for or on behalf of Chassis Finder℠, for example to provide customer service, process credit cards, for research, marketing, data processing, to measure the use of our Site, to facilitate usage by a visitor or to offer credit card services or evaluate your creditworthiness. We will share with these companies only that Personal Information which they need to work on our behalf. Some of these service providers may be located in countries outside the US and outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).Your Personal Information will be provided to these organizations only if they agree to use such information solely for the purpose of providing services to Chassis Finder℠, and under the instructions of Chassis Finder℠, and with respect to that information, to act in a manner consistent with the relevant principles articulated in this Policy. By submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing of your data outside the US and outside the EEA;
- To protect our Site and our rights under our Terms and Conditions; to protect ourselves against liability or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain;
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
- Where the information is public; or
- To our insurers and to regulatory agencies.
Disclosure without Consent
Please note that there are circumstances where the use or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted, or where Chassis Finder℠ may be obligated to disclose information without consent. Such circumstances may include:
- If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information or to comply with the rules of a court relating to the production of records;
- If we receive a formal request to disclose your Personal Information in connection with a legal action, we will attempt to contact you about it, if permitted by law, via the e-mail address you provided during registration, before we respond to that request.
- If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it;
- To a person who needs the information because of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an identifiable person or group; or
- Where it is necessary to collect monies owing to us.
return to top
How we retain and store Personal information
My Leases and My Account
If you are a Member, we store your Personal Information in My Leases and My Account. You can access My Leases and My Account from the home page of our Site, after logging onto our Site. My Leases contains information about your current, canceled or past leases. My Account contains your name, e-mail address, e-mail and password settings, and location from which you normally book. It may also contain other information so that you do not need to re-enter it each time you Book a Product or Service. For example, My Account may contain your billing information unless you tell us not to store it. You can access, modify or close your account under Settings on the Home page.
Third Parties’ Personal Information
We will retain in your My Account, the Personal Information of individuals for whom you have made reservations or to whom we have sent Chassis Finder℠ Care Alerts on your behalf.
You can access or modify these third parties’ Personal Information at any time, as described in How to access, modify, or close your account.
Retention and Storage
We will retain your Personal Information in our databases in accordance with our Records Management Policy and applicable laws. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only as long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise later. For example, we may need or be required to retain information to allow you to obtain credit for a lease you booked but had to cancel. We may also need to retain certain information to prevent fraudulent activity; protect ourselves against liability, permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or if we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
Your Personal Information will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Chassis Finder℠, Imaginet, PayPal, and/or Pay Cargo, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers as described below.
return to top
How we protect Personal Information
If you choose to contact Chassis Finder℠ through our Site, you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically via the World Wide Web might not be secure. Chassis Finder℠ assumes no liability for the loss of any information that you transmit to us via the World Wide Web. However, if you provide your credit card information on our Site’s credit card forms or if you choose to search for Products and Services, through the Chassis Finder℠ mobile applications, that are located near you and we collect your geo-location, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
In communicating with you, we may send e-mail as unencrypted plain text because we are aware that most Members and Guests cannot readily process encrypted e-mail. This is done for your convenience, but with the security concern that, if misrouted or intercepted, it could be read more easily than encrypted e-mail.
return to top
How to access, modify or close your Account
We endeavor to ensure that Personal Information is as accurate, complete and current as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. We encourage you to visit Settings to review your Personal Information.
You can access your Personal Information in My Account and update it or delete inaccuracies, as necessary. For example, you can change at any time your e-mail address or your preferences.
If you wish to modify your Personal Information or close your account, you can do so by contacting us as indicated in Contact Us section. We will respond to such requests to information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different e-mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received.
If you request that we close your account, we will promptly do so, to the extent possible. Once your account is closed, however, you will not be able to use many of the services available on our Site to Members, unless you re-register.
If you close your Chassis Finder℠ account, your other associated accounts, such as PayPal or that of the actual chassis provider will remain open, You must visit their site and login with the credentials for that site in order to cancel those specific accounts.
Please remember that we may not be able to honor your request if we are legally obligated to retain information.
return to top
Cookies and pixel tags
A cookie is a small text file that our computer sends to your computer, and that your computer sends back to us each time you make a request from our Site. A cookie contains a unique identification number that identifies the visitor's browser, but not necessarily the visitor. A pixel tag is a small graphic image similar to a cookie.
When you access our Site, our computer may seek to place cookies or pixel tags on your computer to collect Session Data. Cookies and pixel tags are used to help us recognize you when you visit our Site again or to help us customize your online experience. Unless a visitor specifically informs us of his/her identity (e.g. by registering with us), we will not know who the individual visitor is.
If you decide not to accept our cookies, you will be able to access those parts of our Site that are available to the general public, but you will not be able to access many of Products and Services.
Chassis Finder℠ may from time to time monitor and review any information transmitted or received through our Site, or through telephone or e-mail communications, for quality assurance and other purposes. We reserve the right to censor, edit, remove or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information that Chassis Finder℠ deems inappropriate or in violation of our Terms and Conditions. During monitoring the information may be examined, recorded or copied.
return to top
If we decide to change this policy in a material way, we will obtain the necessary consents required under applicable privacy laws if we seek to collect, use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those to which consent has been obtained, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. If we make any material changes we will notify you by e-mail (at the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our Site prior to the change becoming effective. If any proposed change is unacceptable to you, you may request that we close your account, as described in How to access, modify or close your account.
return to top
25925 N. IL Rte. 59
North Barrington, IL 60010
return to top